Hi. My name is Terry Portillo and I’m a blogger.
My blog, Generation HR, was originally intended to be a forum for fellow Human Resources professionals. Sadly, most of the HR conferences I attend are so boring they should be billed as Humanoid Discourses. So I decided to devote my blog to cutting edge, controversial issues rather than creating yet another digital drug for insomniacs. Consequently, my merry band of followers now includes a bear hunter in Alaska, a stoner in Colorado, a pastry chef in Texas, and a street photographer on the island of Patmos. Gotta love Social Media. It doesn’t get any more diverse than this!
Blogger’s Nine-Step Program
1. We admit that we are powerless over Blogging and that it has taken over our lives.
2. We’ve come to believe that a power greater than The Internet can restore us to sanity.
3. We choose to become Followers of God as we understand Him.
4. We Google and take a fearless moral inventory of our online presence.
5. We admit to ourselves and our Followers the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We’re entirely ready for God to delete all these defects.
7. We humbly ask Him to remove our shortcomings and to increase our Search Engine Optimization.
8. We make a list of all the people we’ve abused on Twitter and #makeamends.
9. Having had a social media awakening as the result of these steps, we share this message with fellow Gravatars.
God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change,
the courage to blog about the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.
I burned my family’s dinner while I was blogging this.