If you are one of those people who is still trying to figure out what they want to be when they grow up, here are seven reasons not to become a writer.
- It’s environmentally unsound. First drafts, revisions, and multiple submissions consume entire old growth forests.
- Writing will turn you into a mole, as you gather and convert family and friends’ most intimate secrets into material for your next story.
- People at parties will expect you to be as intelligent, witty, and charming as your characters.
- Scribbling notes while driving in heavy traffic may be hazardous to your health
- You may be tempted to engage in a dangerous or illegal activity so that you can write what you know.
- Your editor’s opinion will matter more to you than your partner’s.
- Your parents, in-laws, and priest will have front row tickets to your wildest fantasies.